* I have a Winged!Buffy kink. brutti_ma_buoni introduced me to the drug, and comlodge is my enabler . (And didn't she do a lovely job of it?) I am more than
willing to share, because that's the kind of fangirl I am.
* If that's not your pleasure OTOH, my kink for Mama-Bear FIERCE warrior women (be still my heart) is also at the ready. (Including another gorgeous banner by comlodge.)
* My LJ is Hugs Central. (Mostly.) Appropriate and consensual ones, of course. Safety and fun are at a premium here, so play nice with each other. Leave the weapons at the door, wipe your feet on the mat, and help yourself to some tea and homemade cookies.
...by any other name. My own artwork. Click on image for full size.
* Because in talking about her with other fans, in telling my story through her, in voicing my truth, I discover that I'm not alone in my challenges, faults, and grief; that I don't have to be imprisoned by secrets and shame; and in sharing this, I can bring comfort to others. And because at the end of the day, Buffy gives me hope; and sometimes that's enough to make getting out of bed in the morning worthwhile. And because she is just so freakin' adorable, y'all.
* Break the rules and I will take away the tea and cookies. Do not make me do this.
Prodigal Daughter. Click on image for full-size version
* I love intelligent discussion of , and appreciation for , the ladies of the verse and their complex interrelationships at the core of the 'verse: mothers, sisters, mentors, students, friends, lovers, enemies, allies. The Buffyverse without it's women would be a cold, barren place: ("that bright optimism that becomes a great, raw wound-red in The Body" - the_royal_anna ). They bear witness to one another, the hurt one another when they don't mean to, they love even when it's difficult and painful to do so.
* Yes, this includes Dawn. Who is courageous without an ounce of Slayer strength, sasses the Hellgod who is trying to kill her, and comes out on the other side of some major identity and abandonment issues a hell of a lot better than Riley does. Buffy and Dawn's prickly, contentious, yet ultimately loyal and loving relationbnship? That's my sister and I when we were kids, right there.
* And yes, this also includes Kennedy. No vitriol. No joke. (Tara would not approve of the hate. A lot of the complaints I've seen about her are suspicously close to those lobbed at Buffy, btw.) Entitled? Yes. Arrogant? Uh-huh - and also loyal, courageous, stubborn and gentle. She's a "queer woman of color..that is allowed to be the hero." Dig this: Early seasons btvs Cordy + Buffy + Faith = Kennedy. (Buffy brought the handcuffs. Faith brought the Jack D. Spike and Xander wanted to watch and Queen C told them where to go. The sex was tremendous. Then they tried a foursome with Illyria and Glory was the result. Oops.)
* The Buffy & Tara friendship/connection is one of the most underappreciated aspects of the 'verse IMO. This WILL be rectified. I
Do the clicky thing again.
opportunity to make fun of Angel. Particularly when penguins are involved. As well they should be.
* I 'ship Buffy&Spike S7 in private, and no longer interested in discussing it; unless I am. And I fully support the right to ship Buffy with anyone you damn well please. Otherwise don't talk to me, I'll talk to you.
* Parting words: The Buffy& Faith dynamic and the Buffy&Spike dynamic are the SAME DAMN THING. Except without sex for B/F. Really.